Saturday, April 17, 2010

#96: Ube ice cream from Mitchell’s

I'm really enjoying how there are three different ice cream places on this list, because before this, I cannot even remember the last time I went out for ice cream. As you know, I already tried the secret breakfast and salted caramel ice creams and today, I checked out the last one: Mitchell's Ice Cream in the Mission (the DEEEEEP Mission).

The flavor to try here is Ube -- which is purple yam -- and apparently a popular flavor in the Philippines. It was good -- but nowhere near as good as the other two ice cream places on the list. I can't even describe what it tasted like. It just kind of tasted sweet -- like vanilla but with less flavor. Does that even make sense? It wasn't bad -- not at all -- it's just that when you go to an ice cream shop and there's like 50 flavors, it's hard not to get something a little more interesting.

Bindi got Irish Coffee.

Hughie got Butterscotch Marble and Mig got Chocolate Caramel Crunch.

Sidenotes:
$1.70 for a junior (one scoop)
I also tried the strawberries n' cream and it was awesome.
Long, long wait. Could've had something to do with the weather today -- but nevertheless -- this isn't your in-and-out quickly ice cream shop.
40% done!

No comments:

Post a Comment