Friday, February 26, 2010

#61: Egg custard tart at Golden Gate Bakery

Yeah so ... I figured since I'm being a good Catholic and not eating meat on Fridays during Lent, I deserve a treat. So I cruised up to Chinatown to the Golden Gate Bakery at lunch to get the egg custard tart. I'm totally down with eggs, down with tarts and pretty down with custard. The only thing I'm not totally down with is Chinatown. I have a total hate/hate relationship with Chinatown. In my opinion it's dirty, smelly, unsanitary, over-crowded and well I don't like rats or people spitting near my feet -- so yeah ... I try to stay away. You know what? Maybe La Taqueria should open in Chinatown. Bastards.

The tart was pretty good. The crust was awesome (totally flaky) but the custard just tasted like sweetened scrambled eggs. Really. And it was a little runny -- well not necessarily runny -- but it was juicy. Like I wasn't sure if it had set all the way yet or something. But it was interesting and you guys should go check it out.

Sidenotes:
$1.15 each
Little bit of a wait.

I'm 16% done!

Some other Golden Gate Bakery goodies.

1 comment: