First off, let me say that I don't get down to Christian's neck-of-the-woods often, but damn is that place doing well. Packed to the gills! We actually had to wait outside to go in until two people left.
Anyway, I ordered the Affligem blonde from Opwijk, Belgium (sounds obscure, no?!) and it was pretty good. Listen ... I'm not the one to go raving on and on about how rad some obscure beer was. I like Bud Light and Guinness and well ... yeah ... those are my favorites. Anything else tastes too bitter er ... SOMETHING. (I dunno.)
Paul had some obscure Belgian beer that was better than mine and I was jealous. So I ordered a pomegranate beer to make myself feel better. And then realized that after a beer and a half, I was pretty tipsy. So there's one thing that quality beer has going for it.
Sidenotes:
My beer was $5.75 and had a 7.0% alcohol level. Speaking of percentages, I am 3% done with this whole 7x7 adventure. Yay me.

I am just better than you at ordering beer.
ReplyDeleteDon't be done.
ReplyDelete