Tuesday, March 16, 2010

#35: Salted-caramel ice cream at Bi-Rite Creamery

"Do you Jacquie ... take salted-caramel ice cream ... to be your lawfully-wedded husband? To have and to hold from this day forward?"

"F**K YES."


Hey ... so .... remember when I was raving about Humphry Slocombe and their secret breakfast ice cream (bourbon & corn flakes)? And I basically said that it was the best ice cream I've ever had? Well, last night Bi-Rite Creamery stepped up and gave ol' Humphrey a run for his bourbon-soaked money. I'm not saying it was better than Humphry Slocombe -- but I'm not saying it was worse. We're going to call this one a tie. They're both very different -- but the same in that they both have unique flavors I've never had or dreamed of before, they both taste very fresh (like it was made 5 minutes ago) and they both totally deserve to be on 7x7's list of 100 Things to Eat and Drink in San Francisco Before You Die -- or as I'm hearing it called, "7x7's Big Eat 2010."

There was a line out the door about oh ... 20 people deep -- but it moved very fast. Let's keep in mind too that it was the warmest night of the year thus far. It's a cool atmosphere in there too with Mission hipsters doing their Mission hipster thing with their uber cool hair-dos and their I'm-not-trying-to-be-trendy-but-am-way-more-trendy-than-you fashion choices. (Oh Mission Hipsters ... you are so, SO cool ...) Old 'A Tribe Called Quest' music was blaring from the kitchen as flavors like coffee toffee and honey lavender got served up. Overall, it was FANTASTIC ice cream at a really cool place.

Sidenotes: $3.25 for a single (they give you two scoops with a single)
Paul got mint chip -- which tasted like normal mint chip and roasted banana which was f**king awesome.

Was so happy to get the pig taste out of my mouth. Oink.
30 down -- 70 to go!

1 comment:

  1. Heathcliff Slocumb and Bi-Rite are increasing my love for Ice Cream at an exponential rate just in time for the opening of what soon will be the best ice cream parlor in all of California, coming soon to Santa Cruz.

    ReplyDelete