Monday, March 1, 2010

#43: An Old Fashioned at Alembic

After shuffling through miles of polyester, nylon and vinyl -- Ariel and Timmy accomplished what they went to the Haight for and found the perfect pairs figure skating costumes.

That just happened.

Anyway ... after Timmy and Ariel got these lovely new outfits, we cruised down Haight Street to Alembic (which we found out is owned by the same people who own Magnolia Pub) to try the Old Fashioned.

The Old Fashioned was really good. I mean, considering the ingredients. The sugar, bitters and lemon peel really compliment the whiskey. The first couple sips slapped me across the face a little bit but then I was really able to enjoy it. I would totally order it again.

Alembic kicks ass. We had some awesome artisan cheeses (Did I really just say artisan? Jesus. We had some awesome cheeses.) and Timmy got these amazing pulled pork sliders. I mean, amazing. Ariel doesn't even eat pork and she ordered one after trying Timmy's. That's saying something.
Everything at Alembic was perfect. I hear this place can get pretty gnarly and crowded -- but a Saturday afternoon was the perfect time to go.

Sidenotes:
$10 for the Old Fashioned.
Ariel had the Pisco Sour which she loved.
The cheeses we got were: idiazabal from Spain and the bellwether carmody from California. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment