Tuesday, March 23, 2010

#51: Maccaronara with ricotta salata at A16

Met Bindi for a glass of wine at A16 on Saturday (walked over from the Final Final during a break in the tourney action) and ordered the maccaronara while I was there. Ordered the half portion, which was perfect for a mid-day meal.

This was really good. I had never had maccaronara before -- and I liked it. It was like a thick spaghetti and I liked it that they cooked it al dente. I'm guessing the "ricotta salata" part was the sh*t-ton of cheese on the top -- but I didn't think that ricotta came like this. This looked like mozzarella. I was so excited when this plate showed up. I mean, I put so much cheese on my pasta, but I do it AT HOME. To have somebody else do it for me was awesome.


The sauce was frigging amazing and as you can see ... I ate every last drop.



Sidenotes:
$9 half order/$16 full order

No comments:

Post a Comment