The Menage a Trois: Halal Chicken Breast, Real Honey, Honey Mustard, BBQ, PepperJack, Swiss, Smoked Gouda. We got this on French Bread with everything. Everything includes: Dirty Sauce, Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onions, Pickles, Banana Peppers. All sandwiches are served hot and all sandwiches are served awesome. A couple things that stand out about Ike's: they bake the bread to order (I think when they get it delivered, it's half-baked) and they pull their chicken. So if you get one of the sandwiches that has chicken on it, it's not a big ol' chicken breast on bread, they actually pull the chicken (kosher chicken, I might add) apart so it's in little bits. Then if your sandwich has sauce on it (BBQ, ranch, etc.) they mix that in with the chicken to make it all juicy -- they don't spread it on the bread. The bread is saved for the dirty sauce which they bake into the bread. The result is basically like the inside of the bread looking like garlic bread. It's f**king delicious TIMES A MILLION.
The menage a trois is not my favorite sandwich -- but not because it's not awesome -- I'm just not the #1 fan of BBQ sauce. My favorite is the Mills Vikings, which is Halal Chicken Breast, Ike's Red Pesto, Ranch, PepperJack. IT IS GLORIOUS.
This is the picture that I took which is horrible -- especially because my dirty ass flip-flop is in the picture. Ed Anderson from 7x7 Magazine took this amazing picture:
That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.
Sidenotes:
The Menage a Trois is $8.98.
If you haven't been to Ike's, GO. I'll go with you this weekend if you want.
There isn't seating anymore (there used to be outside seating but the neighbors complained about the crowd) so you either have to pop a squat on the sidewalk or take it to go. They're very messy sandwiches so I feel taking it to go isn't as good.
ALWAYS call ahead.
When I got there, Ike was all, "Jacquie! Where have you been? I haven't seen you for awhile!" and gave me a hug. Jesus.
I'm 20% done!

Even I (a vegetarian) want to try this sandwich...the Mills Viking, that is. I hate barbecue sauce. Leave that stuff to the dudes.
ReplyDeleteGreat review, Jacquie.
You can't call yourself a vegetarian if you eat chicken.
ReplyDelete